Remedies to Delaying and Obfuscation
based on my own personal experience at the IDESG TFTM meetings
- Issues for Discussion should be dated when they arrive and are posted.
- A discussion in the committee should be scheduled within 60 days or some other reasonable amount of time.
- Detailed minutes should be taken and a standard call for approval minutes should be issued in meetings.
- TFTM has again gone back to intermittent call for corrections to the minutes and minutes are often late.
- The code of conduct should include a provision that meetings must be recorded when repeated and flagrant disregard is evidenced and reported.
- I said in a recent meeting that if I was treated like this in a work place I would call IDESG a hostile work environment. I stand by that. This should be corrected at the earliest possible date.
- If recording meetings does not reduce or eliminate this problem, a civil rights and fairness-in-the-volunteer-work-place professional should be called in to observe and re-mediate.